We’re excited to roll out the first phase of our Edge strategy which includes four new PoPs, two on the East coast, and two on the West coast. From our inception as a software-centric carrier we have focused on how to make it dead simple for our customers to get direct access to telephony resources – phone numbers, call routing, porting and signaling data – to build out highly reliable, scalable communication experiences. Our carrier status, plus our software expertise has allowed us to do the heavy lifting to bring the features and capabilities of the PSTN to the cloud without needing to spin up new data centers or additional hardware.
By expanding the number of PoPs across the U.S., we are significantly improving Flowroute’s network performance on key measurements such as response time — the amount of time between receiving users’ requests and responding to them — and throughput — the speed of delivering data back to a user’s device.
We encourage you to take a few minutes to update your inbound and outbound routes, through the Manage Portal, to point them to the new PoPs. Making this change will immediately provide our customers:
- Higher reliability because of the increased number of redundant systems.
- More connectivity options across the United States.
- Diverse interconnections to deliver higher call quality and failover.
- Access to the latest technology to enhance network resiliency.
- Ability to operate in tech time versus telco time to make updates or changes.
Resources to help you set up the new PoPs
- Interconnection with the New PoPs
- How to set up your preferred PoP
- Edit an Inbound Route with your preferred PoP
- Create an Inbound Route with your preferred PoP
- PBX configuration guide
- Setting up your firewall for the new PoPs
- Inbound and Outbound Calling with New PoPs (Advanced Configuration guide)
- New PoPS & Edge Strategy Webcast
If you run into any issues with setting up your new PoPs, please submit a ticket so our support team can help you out.